Larry Chao is an Asian-American - born, raised and educated in the U.S.
His ancestry is half-Japanese and half-Chinese.
Currently living in Bangkok and New York.
Bachelor’s Degree [BA] psychology, Yale University
Master’s Degree [MBA], Yale University
Work experience :
McKinsey & Company – strategy consulting
Accenture – organization change consulting
Over the past 24 years, Larry has facilitated change workshops – breaking down functional barriers, developing effective leaders, changing culture & mindset –
with over 100 diverse multinational and large-scale local clients across the world. Examples of his work include:
- Creating and aligning strategies across functions for Nestle Indochina, Singapore Turkey, Korea, Malaysia
- Aligning strategies and teambuilding for Johnson & Johnson Thailand and Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Asia-Pacific
- Aligning strategies and teambuilding for Manulife in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Thailand, Singapore, Philippines, Vietnam, Cambodia since 2002
- Aligning strategies and teambuilding for Mead Johnson Nutrition in Brazil, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Europe and
Singapore, as well as global conferences in Vancouver, Paris, Rome and Madrid
- Defining opportunities to accelerate growth for Sanofi Indochina top 40 executives
- Top management team alignment for Brown-Forman Europe in a workshop on the Masai Mara plains in Kenya, Africa
- Leadership development and 360-degree feedback for top 75 executives for The Bank of Thailand 2004 & 2008
- Accelerated New Manager Development Program and leadership development for Deloitte Touche Thailand 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and in
- Designing and conducting annual conferences to shape strategic & business rollout plans and energize executives for Hong Kong Jockey
Club, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Facilitating annual conferences for Cadbury Schweppes Asia-Pacific in New Zealand, Thailand and Singapore
- Facilitating annual global conferences for Thai Union 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Defining joint growth initiatives with 7-Eleven and their top worldwide licensees
Larry combines business consulting experience with a high energy approach to engaging participants. Most of his work involves multicultural senior management teams collaborating to align strategies across functions, business units and countries.
Larry has published in major newspapers - e.g., The Nation (Bangkok), Singapore Straits Times. He has appeared on CNBC and BBC as an expert in organization change.